This lovely hall, with barrel-vaulted ceiling, can seat up to 120 people.
The Pearson Hall was opened in 1889 and named after Canon Hugh Pearson who was the Vicar of Sonning from 1842 until his death in 1882. The name of the hall and the road in which it is located, Pearson Road, is testimony to the great impact that he had upon the village.
Pearson Hall is the focus of village social life. Its uses range from regular activities such as keep fit classes, table tennis and Art Group meetings to dinners and shows for organisations like RNLI and the Sonning & Sonning Eye Society.
Pearson Hall is a registered charity managed by the Trustees of the Pearson Hall Management Committee. A Social Committee organises regular events. The Main Hall is roughly 13.1 m x 7.6 m and can seat up to 120 people. Tables and chairs are available and the numbers are normally limited to 80 persons seated at tables for shows and meals.
Newly installed cinema screen and HD projector for film-shows and presentations. LED lighting provides both variable illumination down-lighters and variable colour and intensity uplighters. Seven different colours can be selected for the uplighters giving a variety of mood effects.